- KSW132084 1:32 Kits-World Decals - Me 109G Franz Stigler
- KSW132131 1:32 Kits-World Decals - Avro Lancaster 'Lonesome Lola'
- KSW132132 1:32 Kits-World Decals - Avro Lancaster 'I'm Easy'
- KSW132133 1:32 Kits-World Decals - Avro Lancaster 'Ropey'
- CARCD144005 1:144 Caracal Models Decals - B-52H Stratofortress
- CARCD144010 1:144 Caracal Models Decals - EC-121 Warning Star
- KEYAMW18-08 Airfix Model World Magazine August 2018
- WWPG057 Wings & Wheels Publications - AMX-30 (French AMX-30 MBT Family) In Detail
- AMS32128 1:32 AMS Resin Arado Ar 234 Smooth Tread Tires
- AMS32129 1:32 AMS Resin Arado Ar 234 Diamond Tread Tires
- ARSAB320098 1:32 AeroBonus USAF Heater H-1
- ARSAB320099 1:32 AeroBonus United Tractor G-40C Tow Tractor
- ARSAB320117 1:32 AeroBonus USAF F-15 Eagle Fighter Pilot with Ejection Seat
- ARSAB480191 1:48 AeroBonus 150lb Wheeled Halon Extingusher Model 600
- ARSAB480201 1:48 AeroBonus WW2 German Soldiers with Ammunition Box (2 figures)
- ARSAB720035 1:72 AeroBonus Compressed Gas Bottles - Nitrogen
- QBT32202 1:32 Quickboost MiG-29A Fulcrum Correct Radome (HBS/TRP kit)
- QBT32203 1:32 Quickboost Bucker Bu 131 Correct Seat (ICM kit)
- QBT32204 1:32 Quickboost Bucker Bu 131 Exhaust (ICM kit)
- QBT32205 1:32 Quickboost Bucker Bu 131 Cockpit Door (ICM kit)
- QBT48832 1:48 Quickboost Bf 109G-6 Position Lights (TAM kit)
- QBT48833 1:48 Quickboost Su-17M4 Fitter-K Wing Ailerons (HBS kit)
- QBT48834 1:48 Quickboost Sea Bury FB.11 Undercarriage Covers (AFX kit)
- QBT48835 1:48 Quickboost Sea Bury FB.11 Gun Barrels (AFX kit)
- QBT48836 1:48 Quickboost Sea Bury FB.11 Exhaust (AFX kit)
- QBT48837 1:48 Quickboost MiG-25 Foxbat Landing Lights (ICM/REV kit)
- QBT48838 1:48 Quickboost Su-34 Fullback Chaff/Flare Dispensers (HBS kit)
- QBT48839 1:48 Quickboost OEFFAG D.III Seat (EDU kit)
- QBT72579 1:72 Quickboost Fw 189 Propellers with Tool (ICM kit)
- SAM18-07 Scale Aviation Modeller International - July 2018
- MAM18-07 Model Aircraft - July 2018
- SMM18-07 Scale Military Modeller International - July 2018
- ARS2216 1:32 Aires Eurofighter Typhoon Twin Seater Cockpit Set (REV kit)
- ARS2218 1:32 Aires Buckner Bu 131 Wheels & Paint Mask Transverse Tread without Disc Cover
- ARS2222 1:32 Aires Buckner Bu 131 Wheels & Paint Mask Transverse Tread with Disc Cover
- ARS4741 1:48 Aires Super Etendard SUE Cockpit Set (KIN kit)
- ARS4742 1:48 Aires MiG-27 Flogger Late Exhaust Nozzle-Opened (TRP kit)
- ARS4744 1:48 Aires MiG-27 Flogger Late Exhaust Nozzle-Closed (TRP kit)
- ARS4747 1:48 Aires Su-17 Su-22M3 Su-22M4 Fitter-K Covered Chaff/Flare Dispensers (KTH kit)
- ARS7356 1:72 Aires A-7 Corsair II Control Surfaces Set (FUJ kit)
- ARS7357 1:72 Aires F-15E Strike Eagle Exhaust Nozzles (PLA kit)
Dragon limited reissues:
- DML1024 1:350 Dragon USS Independence CVL-22 ~ Smart Kit
- DML1605 1:16 Dragon 'Screaming Eagle' Normandy 1944
- DML5905 1:48 Dragon Fokker D.VII
- DML5907 1:48 Dragon Fokker D.VIII
- DML6005 1:35 Dragon German Fallschirmjager Monte Cassino 1944 Figure Set
- DML6006 1:35 Dragon Cross of Iron Eastern Front 1944 Figure Set
- DML6011X 1:35 Dragon German E-100 Heavy Tank "Nachtjager"
- DML6277 1:35 Dragon Georgian Legion, Normandy 1944
- DML6347 1:35 Dragon Blitzkrieg in the West France 1940 (5 Figure Set)
- DML6383 1:35 Dragon Tiger I Late Production w/Zimmerit
- DML6560 1:35 Dragon Pz. Kpfw.IV Ausf. H Late Production w/Zimmerit
- DML6611 1:35 Dragon Panzer Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf H Mid Production with Zimmerit
- SAC32133 1:32 Scale Aircraft Conversions - Junkers D.1 Landing Gear (WNW kit)
- SAC48356 1:48 Scale Aircraft Conversions - IDF F-CK-1C/D Landing Gear (AFV kit)
- SAC72160 1:72 Scale Aircraft Conversions - L-29 Delfin Landing Gear (AMK kit)
- SAC14428 1:144 Scale Aircraft Conversions - DC-8 Landing Gear [2 sets] (MIN kit)
- CAMMS32009 1:32 MilSpec Decals - F-14B Tomcat VF-143 Pukin' Dogs CVW-7 USS John F Kennedy 2001
- CAMMS48009 1:48 MilSpec Decals - F-14B Tomcat VF-143 Pukin' Dogs CVW-7 USS John F Kennedy 2001
- CAMMS72009 1:72 MilSpec Decals - F-14B Tomcat VF-143 Pukin' Dogs CVW-7 USS John F Kennedy 2001
- INGCOM18-07 Combat Aircraft Magazine July 2018
- MAI155 Model Airplane International Magazine Issue #155 June 2018
- GEMGJ0098 1:400 Gemini Jets Eastern Airlines McDonnell Douglas DC-8-61 Reg #N8764 (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1637 1:400 Gemini Jets Air France Boeing 787-9 Reg #F-HRBB (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1731 1:400 Gemini Jets American Eagle ERJ-175 Reg #N416YX (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1734 1:400 Gemini Jets American Airlines Boeing 737-800(W) Reg #N837NN 'One World' (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1738 1:400 Gemini Jets Delta Boeing 717-200 Reg #N896AT (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1758 1:400 Gemini Jets Virgin Atlantic Airbus A350-1000 Reg #G-VXWB (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1768 1:400 Gemini Jets FedEx Boeing 777F Reg #N886FD (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1769 1:400 Gemini Jets FedEx Boeing 767-300F Reg #N103FE (pre-painted/pre-built)
- GEMGJ1770 1:400 Gemini Jets Emirates Boeing 777-300ER Reg #A6-ENV 'Expo 2020' (pre-painted/pre-built)
- EDUCX517 1:72 Eduard Mask - Sea King HAR.3 / Mk.43 (AFX kit)
- EDUEX598 1:48 Eduard Mask - He 111H-6 (ICM kit)
- EDUEX599 1:48 Eduard Mask - Su-35S Flanker-E (GWH kit)
- EDUEX600 1:48 Eduard Mask - Su-35S Flanker-E TFace (GWH kit)
- EDUEX601 1:48 Eduard Mask - Defiant NF.I (AFX kit)
- EDUEX602 1:48 Eduard Mask - Yak-28PP Brewer-E (BOB kit)
- EDUEX603 1:48 Eduard Mask - Sea Vixen FAW.2 (TRP kit)
- EDUFE904 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - He 111H-6 (ICM kit)
- EDUFE905 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - He 111H-6 Seatbelts (ICM kit)
- EDUFE906 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - Su-35S Flanker-E (GWH kit)
- EDUFE907 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - Su-35S Flanker-E Seatbelts (GWH kit)
- EDUFE908 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - Defiant NF.I (AFX kit)
- EDUFE909 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - Defiant NF.I Seatbelts [STEEL] (AFX kit)
- EDUFE910 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - Bf 109G Seatbelts [STEEL] (EDU kit)
- EDUFE912 1:48 Eduard Color Zoom PE - Bf 109G-2 Weekend (EDU kit)
- EDUSS636 1:72 Eduard Zoom PE - Sea King HAR.3 / Mk.43 (AFX kit)
- EDUSS637 1:72 Eduard Zoom PE - Ki-61-Id Hien (TAM kit)
- EDU11117X 1:48 Eduard Typhoon Mk.Ib Bubbletop OVERTREES
- EDU70142X 1:72 Eduard MiG-21MF Fishbed Fighter-Bomber OVERTREES
- HBS81803 1:18 Hobby Boss Focke-Wulf Fw190A-8
- HBS81804 1:18 Hobby Boss AV-8B Harrier II
- HBS86515 1:350 Hobby Boss USS Hawaii CB-3
- TRP06712 1:700 Trumpeter USS Texas BB-35
- TRP09529 1:35 Trumpeter Soviet 2A3 Kondensator 2P 406mm Self-Propelled Howitzer
- TRP09536 1:35 Trumpeter Soviet 2S14 Zhalo-S 85mm Anti-Tank Gun
- TRP09565 1:35 Trumpeter Russian Obj199 BMPT Ramka w ATGM Launcher 'Ataka'
- EDUSIN64844 1:48 Eduard BIG SIN Bf 109G-6 Essential Super Detail Set (TAM kit)
- EDUSIN67215 1:72 Eduard BIG SIN MiG-21MF Fishbed Interceptor Super Detail Set (EDU kit)
- EDUBIG3389 1:32 Eduard BIG ED T-28C Trojan Super Detail Set (KTH kit)
- EDUBIG3591 1:35 Eduard BIG ED Panzer IV Ausf H Super Set (ACA kit)
- EDUBIG49196 1:48 Eduard BIG ED A-26B Invader Super Detail Set (REV kit)
- EDU632122 1:32 Eduard Brassin Fw 190A-8 MG131 Mount (REV kit)
- EDU632124 1:32 Eduard Brassin Fw 190A-8 Propeller (REV kit)
- EDU632126 1:32 Eduard Brassin AN/AAQ-28(V) Litening Pod
- EDU634003 1:32 Eduard Look - P-51D-5 Mustang (TAM kit)
- EDU634004 1:32 Eduard Look - P-51D Mustang (TAM kit)
- EDU648409 1:48 Eduard Brassin Ammo Belts 20mm Hispano
- EDU648415 1:48 Eduard Brassin BL755 Cluster Bombs
- EDU672179 1:72 Eduard Brassin MiG-21MF Fishbed Figher Bomber Cockpit Set (EDU kit)
- EDU672187 1:72 Eduard Brassin R-13M Missiles for MiG-21 (EDU kit)
- EDU672188 1:72 Eduard Brassin R-13M Missiles with Pylons for MiG-21 (EDU kit)
- EDU672193 1:72 Eduard Brassin MiG-21MF Fishbed Airbrakes (EDU kit)
- AMM7175 AMMO by Mig Paint Set - Metallic Colors
- AMM7220 AMMO by Mig Air Paint Set - Luftwaffe Mid-War & Nightfighters
- AMM7446 AMMO by Mig NATO Weathering Set
- AMM3021 AMMO by Mig Modelling Pigment - Polished Metal
- EDU36390 1:35 Eduard PE - Panther A Interior (TAK kit)
- EDU36391 1:35 Eduard PE - Panther A Zimmerit (TAK kit)
- EDU36392 1:35 Eduard PE - Panther A Exterior Detail Set (TAK kit)
- EDU36393 1:35 Eduard PE - M35A2 Truck Detail Set (AFV kit)
- EDU36394 1:35 Eduard PE - M3A3 Bradley CFV Detail Set (KIN kit)
- EDU48957 1:48 Eduard PE - He 111H-6 Exterior Detail Set (ICM kit)
- EDU48958 1:48 Eduard PE - Defiant NF.1 Landing Flaps (AFX kit)
- EDU49904 1:48 Eduard Color PE - He 111H-6 Nose Interior Detail Set (ICM kit)
- EDU49905 1:48 Eduard Color PE - He 111H-6 Radio Compartment Detail Set (ICM kit)
- EDU49906 1:48 Eduard Color PE - Su-35S Flanker-E Detail Set (GWH kit)
- EDU49908 1:48 Eduard Color PE - Defiant NF.1 Detail Set (AFX kit)
- EDU49911 1:48 Eduard Color PE - Soviet / Russian Ejection Seat Handles
- EDU53220 1:700 Eduard PE - Bismarck Detail Set (MNG kit)
- EDU53221 1:700 Eduard PE - Bismarck Railings (MNG kit)
- EDU72671 1:72 Eduard PE - Sea King HAR.3 / Mk.43 Exterior Detail Set (AFX kit)
- EDU73636 1:72 Eduard Color PE - Sea King HAR.3 / Mk.43 Interior Detail Set (AFX kit)
- EDU73637 1:72 Eduard Color PE - Ki-61-Id Hien Detail Set (TAM kit)
- TAM32595 1:48 Tamiya M4A3E8 Sherman 'Easy Eight'
- TAM35360 1:35 Tamiya US Light Tank M3 Stuart Late Production
- TAM74143 Tamiya Modeling Flat Chisel Blade 2mm
- ACA12327 1:48 Academy Focke-Wulf Ta183 Huckebein
- TAM35362 1:35 Tamiya French Main Battle Tank LeClerc Series 2
- AMM6098 AMMO by Mig - Modelling School: The Modelling Guide for Rust and Oxidation
- AMMEURO020 AMMO by Mig/Accion Press - Focke Wulf Fw 190 & Ta 152
- LNRS4811 1:48 Great Wall Hobby MiG-29 9-13 Fulcrum Korean People's Army Air Force
- LNRL4808 1:48 Great Wall Hobby Fw-189A-1 with Sonderaktion Schneekufen
- LNRL4811 1:48 Great Wall Hobby MiG-29 Fulcrum 9-12 Late Type
- LNRL4813 1:48 Great Wall Hobby MiG-29 Fulcrum C 9-13
- LNRL4814 1:48 Great Wall Hobby MiG-29 Fulcrum 9-12 Early Type
- LNRS4805 1:48 Great Wall Hobby RoCAF T-33A Shooting Star Limited Edition
- LNRS4807 1:48 Great Wall Hobby P-61A Black Widow with Ground Attack Weapons & Drop Tanks
- LNRL3504 1:35 LionRoar Rocket for 210mm Nebelwerfer 42 - Rocket Grenade
- LNRL3508 1:35 LionRoar WWII German Zundapp KS-750 with Sidecar
- LNRL3523 1:35 Great Wall Hobby WWII German Rheinmetall 12.8cm K44 L/55 High Velocity Anti-tank Gun
- LNRL3523T 1:35 Great Wall Hobby Upgrade Set Rheinmetall 12.8cm K44 L/55 High Velocity Anti-tank Gun
- LNRL3526 1:35 Great Wall Hobby WWII German Krupp 12.8cm PaK 44 Anti-Tank Gun
- LNRL3526T 1:35 Great Wall Hobby Metal Barrel for Krupp 12.8cm PaK 44 Anti-Tank Gun
- EDU82133 1:48 Eduard SE.5a Night Fighter
- EDU84148 1:48 Eduard Bf 109G-2 Weekend Edition
- EDUR0017 1:72 Eduard MiG-21MF Fishbed ROYAL CLASS Dual Combo (2 kits)
- MIN11671 1:48 Minicraft T-34A Mentor
- ORDFLM48007 1:48 Flying Leathernecks EA-6B Prowler Canopy & Wheel Mask Set (KIN kit)
- ORDFLM48008 1:48 Flying Leathernecks F-18C CF-188A Hornet Canopy & Wheel Mask Set (KIN kit)
- ORDFLM48009 1:48 Flying Leathernecks F-18B F-18D Hornet Canopy & Wheel Mask Set (KIN kit)
- ORDFLM48010 1:48 Flying Leathernecks A-6A Intruder Canopy & Wheel Mask Set (HBS kit)
- ORDFLM48011 1:48 Flying Leathernecks A-6E Intruder Canopy & Wheel Mask Set (HBS kit)
- ORDFLM48012 1:48 Flying Leathernecks AV-8B GR.7/9 Harrier Canopy & Wheel Mask Set (HAS kit)
- INGMMC18-06 Military Modelcraft International Magazine June 2018
- KEYAMW18-07 Airfix Model World Magazine July 2018
- INGAVH18-09 Aviation History Magazine September 2018
- INGAPWEA001 Extreme Airports Magazine Vol. 1 2018
- TAK02101 1:35 Takom BergePanther Ausf.A (Assembled by Demag) Full Interior Kit
- TAK02102 1:35 Takom BergePanther Ausf.D Umbau Seibert 1945 - Full Interior Kit
- MIA35221 1:35 Miniart Panzer Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.B with Crew
- MIA35258 1:35 MiniArt German Grenades & Mines Set
- MIA35572 1:35 MiniArt Railway Tools & Equipment
- MIA37049 1:35 Miniart Figure Set - USMC Tank Crew at Rest
- KAG16060 Kagero - The Type XXI U-boat
- KAG16059 Kagero - The Russian Battleship Marat
- KAG07054 Kagero Topdrawings - Junkers Ju 87 B Stuka
- KAG92009 Kagero - Naval Archives Volume 9
- KAG91004 Kagero - The Habsburgs' Wings 1914 Volume 1
- AFM64642 AFV Modeler - Project Panther Volume 2: Engine and Turret
- AFM64628 AFV Modeler - Jagdtiger: Building Trumpeter's 1:16th Scale Kit
Final Days of our Summer Clearance Sale 2018 - Now An Additional 40% Off Over 8500 Items
The dog days of summer are upon us and it is time to clean out our overstocks, closeouts and discontinued items to make room for all the new items on the way!
From now until 11:59pm US Central Time July 22, 2018, receive an additional 40% off all sale items listed here (over 8,600 different items).
The discount is taken off the lowest price (some items are already 50% off). Sale is limited to in stock items. No coupon required - just add to cart and discount will be automatically applied. Discount applies only to online orders placed during the discount period, and to in stock items.
Here are the sale details:
- Sale ends at 11:59pm US Central Time July 22, 2018
- Discount applies only to in stock items listed here (below): Summer Clearance Sale 2018 (http://store.spruebrothers.com/category_s/2414.htm)
- Items may be removed from the sale without any prior notice. Items may also be added to the sale without any prior notice.
- As always, our Sales/Discount/Specials policy applies as well.
- There will be no Deal of the Day or Weekend Specials during this sale (these will resume when this sale is over)
NOTE - The sale items are searchable. Just use the "Search Within" box on the sale page (type what you want to seach for, and then click on the GO button). You can also look at the items by brand. To do so, just click on one of the brands listed.
New Product Line
New product line: Hataka Hobby Orange Line Lacquer Paint
New Product Line
New product line: RP Toolz
Just a reminder that Sprue Brothers Models LLC does not, express or implied, guarantee any transit times or delivery dates. Any shipping times stated are estimates only.
Sprue Brothers Models LLC has no control over any package shipped once it leaves our warehouse and goes into the possession of the shipping company, thus Sprue Brothers Models LLC does not bear any responsibility for any late deliveries or any damaged or lost packages. However all packages shipped via UPS or USPS are insured. We will assist in the completion of any and all valid insurance claims. Any insurance claim determination is made solely by the shipping company and/or their designated insurance company. Sprue Brothers Models LLC does not have anything to do with determination of any insurance claims.
Additionally, please be aware that the US Postal Service does not offer any guarantee for transit times/delivery date for any of their services except for Express Mail. And that the transit time/delivery dates listed by the USPS are estimates only (and appear to be based on ideal conditions which does not happen most of the time, especially in the winter).
New Product Line
New product line: Ant Resin
New Product Line
New product line: GT Resin
New Product Line
New product line: Very Fire
New Product Line
New product line: Eureka XXL
New Product Line
New product line: Copper State Models
New Product Line
New product line: Coastal Kit Display Bases
Welcome Wingnut Wings (January 12, 2017)
Wingnut Wings Ltd, a New Zealand based plastic model manufacturer, has reached an agreement with Sprue Brothers Models LLC/Douglas Model Distributors appointing us as their US products distributor/dealer.
Previously, retail customers could order only direct from Wingnut Wings in New Zealand. With this agreement, US customers will receive faster service at competitive prices. Wingnut Wings is the premier large scale scale World War I aircraft plastic model kit manufacturer.
New Updated Website!
Welcome to our "new" webstore! In reality, it is both new and current. What we mean by that is the front of the store (what you see) is all new, but all the backend (what runs the site behind the scenes) is unchanged. Pretty much the equivalent of putting a new front façade on an existing building. All of your login information, order history, wish list, etc. is still there just like before. The search engine is unchanged and works exactly as it did before. Here is what is new:
New Updated Look An updated modern look. Bold brighter colors. Larger search box located right at the top center of the screen. All categories are now located together on the left side. Easier to read categories names.
Responsive Web Design Responsive web design is an approach to web design aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience—easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling—across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to tablets and mobile phones). Our new website has been rebuilt to be responsive and creates a seamless, uniform experience for all shoppers by rendering your website appropriately on any device.
Wider Layout Wider layout to take advantage of everyone's widescreen monitors. This allows you to see more on the screen before having to scroll.
Mega Menus New large pop-up menus when you hover over a category. To see an example of this, put your mouse over "Aircraft".
Quick View When you are looking at a list of products (either from the results of a search, or clicking onto a category or sub-category), when you hover the mouse over the thumbnail picture, the "Quick View" button appears over the picture. If you click on it, it will pop up a windows that shows the product details (same as if you were to click on the title to go to the product's detail page.
Hot New Items The Hot New Items are now located on a slider below the slideshow. To see all the hot new items we have, just click on either the left or right scroll buttons to scroll through them.
New Lower Cost International Shipping Option for Small Parcels
A new shipping method called Economy International Shipping is now being offered. It offers a shipping cost that can be up to 50% lower than the US Postal Service for international addresses. This low cost international shipping method is for small packages weighing up to 4.4 pounds to certain countries. Transit times may vary and can range anywhere from 2 to 4+ weeks. Limited tracking is available. Packages shipping this method may not ship daily, but will ship at least every other day, depending on the number of packages awaiting shipment via this method.
This method is currently offered to: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, and Switzerland.
Deal of the Day is Back
The Deal of the Day special is back. Check back daily to see what amazing deal is being offered. This time around we will list each deal for 2 days to allow you more time to take advantage of it, with new deals appearing daily.
Emails / Emails Not Received
Please be aware that we send you two emails for each order placed: the Order Confirmation email (sent when order is placed) and the Shipping Notification email (sent when we process/ship your order). If you are not receiving either or both of these email (or any other emails such as responses to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org , this likely means either your ISP is blocking them; they are in your spam folder; or your spam filter settings may be set too high (this is particularly an issue with AOL and Earthlink/Mindspring email accounts).
Important Shipping Rates News for UPS and FedEx - Please Read (Jan 1, 2015)
We are that time again where our shippers (UPS and FedEx) raise their shipping rates. Rates going up have been an annual event since we have been in business, but there is one BIG change this year that both UPS and FedEx are implementing effective Dec 29 and Jan 5, respectively, that everyone should know about – charging shipping rates based on Dimensional Weight (aka DimWeight). For all essential purposes, DimWeight is the system of charging shipping cost based on the size of the package rather than the actual weight of the package. Although DimWeight is not a new concept, packages under 3 cubic feet (which is most of our outgoing packages) have been exempt from DimWeight until now.
What this means to us:
Our system of shipping cost is to charge our customers based on the actual cost of shipping that order, and until now, it has been calculated based on the weight of the package. The new DimWeight system now means we will not be able to accurately determine the expected shipping cost until the order is pulled and packed. Only at this point will we have the required information (the dimensions of the package) to be able to calculate the actual shipping cost.
What this means to you:
We will no longer be able to show you a fairly accurate shipping cost estimate at checkout for both UPS and FedEx shipping. The shipping cost shown to you at checkout is going to be an inflated amount that we collect pretty much assuming a worst case scenario, and we will refund any overage collected for shipping once the actual cost is determined. The reason we have to over collect up front is due to credit card security protocols now. When you place an order, an authorization is run to validate your credit card and determine if you have sufficient credit limit (sufficient balance for debit cards) and this authorization also reserves that amount temporarily. When we ship your order, we then can only collect up to this amount in reserve (or an amount lesser than the reserved amount) and no more. To protect your credit card information, we cannot see your credit card information other than the last four digits and the card type, which eliminates the option for us to charge for shipping (or excess shipping cost) afterward.
This is the reason we started the Lowest Cost Available shipping option (for USA only at this time) earlier this autumn. This will allow you to tell us that you want us to select the shipping method that is the lowest cost available for your order. For more details on this shipping option,please click here.
Please note that what we charge for shipping is completely unchanged in the 10+ years we have been in business – a shipping cost based on the actual cost charged to us (we do not make any profit on shipping – in fact every year we pay out more in shipping related charges that we collect due to the system not being perfect, and if not correct, it is almost always an undercharge).
- Dimensional Weight (DimWeight) is where the shipping cost is based on the size/dimensions of the package
- Both UPS and FedEx are going to DimWeight to determine the cost of shipping effective Dec 29 and Jan 1, respectively.
- We will no longer be able to show you at checkout a fairly accurate estimate of the shipping cost for both UPS and FedEx - For UPS and FedEx, we will be collecting essentially a worse case scenario cost, and we will refund any overage collected for shipping once the actual cost is determined
- If you are price sensitive to shipping cost, we recommend you select the Lowest Cost Available shipping option where we can select the shipping method for you order than costs the least.
Shipping Option (for USA) - Lowest Cost Available
The "Lowest Cost Available" shipping option has the Sprue Brothers staff select the lowest cost shipping available for your order. The shipping method used could be any method including (and no limited to) USPS 1st Class Mail, USPS Media Mail, USPS Parcel Select, USPS Priority Mail, UPS Ground, or UPS SurePost. At this time, this method is only available to US shipping addresses.
The computer system does its best to offer the best possible shipping options/cost, however there are many idiosyncrasies in shipping that only a human can account for and determine the actual lowest cost option. By selecting this shipping method, you are requesting that the Sprue Brothers staff select the shipping method for your order that is the lowest cost (we will not factor any other factor such as the shipping time - only the cost will used to determine the shipping method used. If you need your order by a certain date or in a timely manner, we do not recommend you select this shipping option.
The cost of this method is only an estimate. The amount collected at checkout is an amount that the shipping cost should not likely exceed the final actual shipping cost. In the situation that it does, we will contact you to determine how you want to proceed. NOTE - SBM has no choice but to over collect due to the credit card security protocols that does not allow our staff to adjust the authorization amount upward if needed (our staff cannot even see your credit card information to put in a new charge if it was needed). Once we determine the actual/final shipping cost and method, our staff will refund any excess shipping cost collected that was not needed as we do already now.
What does "In Stock" mean to us?
Our definition of "In Stock" means that the item is actually in our warehouse (not at our distributors'/suppliers' warehouse) and is ready to immediately ship to you.
Join Sprue Brothers on Facebook
We have been receiving a lot of inquiries lately regarding whether we actually have something in stock as our website indicates. This is likely due to the practices of other online hobby stores who have a different definition of what "In Stock" means. In case you are not familiar with our business practices, we use a real time inventory system that shows (accurately and live/in real time) what is available for sale and how many. It automatically and instantly updates the available quantities after each order is successfully placed.
Also, our definition of "In Stock" means that the item is actually in our warehouse (not at our distributors'/suppliers' warehouse) and is ready to immediately ship to you. Thus if you order from us, you will reliably and quickly receive what you order. On a side note, we are also human, so on rare occasion something could be in error, however our error rate in 2009 to-date has well been less than 0.1%.
Everything listed as IN STOCK is actually in stock* - If you see it, we have it - no need to wait for us to get it in before we ship to you like some other retailers. We typically ship the next business day after receipt of payment which means you get your item quickly.
Continental US (lower 48 states) Customers - our standard policy is for half price shipping for orders of $100, and free shipping for orders over $200 via the lowest cost ground shipping method (either UPS Ground, or USPS Parcel Post).
* The displayed inventory is in real time / the only exception is when we are vending at a show (show list above) which we update our inventory with 24 hours of the show's end.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.