SBDNATS2016 IPMS USA 2016 National Convention Decals (Columbia SC)
- Various Scales
Frequently bought together:
The subjects for this year's sheet. All of them have a connection to South Carolina or to the name "Columbia."
1. F-100D 56-3180 "Sweet Sydney/Pure Hell" of the 614th TFS, Phan Rang AB, early 1970, as flown by Jim Hamilton (who is a member of our club, and the inclusion of his old airplane was done as a secret project that we sprung on him one day with a completed model). The sheet has options for 1:72 and 1:48.
2. F-51D 44-73699 of the 157th Fighter Squadron, South Carolina Air National Guard, Congaree AB, 1949. In 1:72 and 1:48.
3. M42A1 Duster and M151A2 �??Mutt�?� with trailer of 2nd Battalion, 263 ADA Brigade, SC Army National Guard, 1988. This is in 1:35, and was a neat project done in conjunction with our friends of AMPS/Central SC Wildcats.
4. S-2E Tracker BuNo 153563 of VS-27 aboard USS Yorktown during the carrier's 1969 North Atlantic deployment. In 1:48 scale only (in part because there's no 1:72 S-2E available; in part because I ran out of room on the sheet).
5. 1957 Chevrolet 150 "Black Widow" driven by NASCAR Hall of Famer Rex White during the 1957 NASCAR season, to fit the splendid Revell "Black Widow" kit (which, in a happy coincidence, Revell plans to reissue soon). Sheet has options for fuel-injected and carbureted versions. White's most successful years, including his 1960 championship year, were run out of the White and Clements shop in Spartanburg.
6. Fill-in names for Space Shuttle Columbia kits in 1:144 and 1:200, for kits that don't have them. Among others, it'll let you build your Hasegawa "Atlantis with Hubble" kits to depict Columbia's Hubble service mission, STS-109, in 2002.
7. Ship names and hull numbers in 1:350 and 1:700 for the light cruiser USS Columbia (CL-56) and destroyer USS Laffey (DD-724).
It all comes with a full-color, eight-page booklet with little profiles of the subjects, build notes, and a little sidebar telling the stories behind each subject.