TAM32549 1:48 Tamiya German Steyr Type 1500A/01
* Distinctive shape of the engine hood and features such as the side mounted spare tire accurately reproduced.
* Front doors may be modeled in both open and closed positions for increased display possibilities.
* Die-cast chassis provides added weight that gives the model greater realism.
* One driver figure included.
* 3 types of high-quality markings are also included.
A great display in and of itself, it is also perfect for dioramas with other Tamiya 1/48MM vehicles, aircraft, figure sets, and accessory sets. Prior to the start of WWII, the German army used a variety of vehicles in preparation for their mobile Blitzkrieg tactics. However, the "Schell" Program of 1940 called for a standardization of vehicles for more efficient production, and one of the vehicles chosen for use was the Austrian Steyr 1500A/01. With its air-cooled 3.5 liter V8 engine and 4WD, the vehicle proved to be rugged and reliable, and was produced as a light truck, soft top infantry carrier, and staff car. It's versatility made it a useful transport vehicle on all battle fronts.