CARCD144017 1:144 Caracal Models Decals - C-17 Globemaster III
- C-17 Globemaster III
The C-17 Globemaster III is one of the most capable and flexible transport aircraft in USAF history, and is also flown by several allies. The C-17 took part in almost every major conflict that the US was a part of since its introduction to service in 1993, and most recently proved its worth once again over Iraq and Afghanistan.
This comprehensive set was designed for the Revell kit, and features markings for 14 different aircraft including the initial prototype/test airframe T1, which was the only C-17 to have been painted in the European One camouflage scheme. Accurate stencilling and well-designed, easy-to-apply walkway decals are included to give your model a realistic, "busy" look. Using the spare digits provided in the set, it should be possible to build any C-17 tail number for the units covered in the set.
One of the marking options we chose for the set is 01-0186, also known as "Reach 871" - its call sign during the evacuation of Kabul. On August 15, 2021; "Reach 871" safely evacuated more than 800 people from Afghanistan.
The options on this decal sheet are:
- C-17 00-0172, 97th AMW, Altus AFB
- C-17 00-0185, 176th WG/3rd WG, Alaska ANG, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson
- C-17 10-0223, 437th AW/315th AW, Charleston AFB
- C-17 01-0186 "Reach 871", 436th AW/512th AW, Dover AFB
- C-17 03-3121, 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB
- C-17 00-0171, 3rd WG/176th WG, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson
- C-17 05-5153, 15th WG/154th WG, Hickam AFB
- C-17 03-3127, 62nd AW/446th AW, McChord AFB
- C-17 04-4133, 305th AMW/514th AMW, McGuire AFB
- C-17 03-3115, 172nd AW, Mississippi ANG, Jackson ANGB
- C-17 02-1099, 911th AW, Pittsburgh ARS
- C-17 05-5143, 445th AW, Wright-Patterson AFB
- C-17 08-0001, SAC Heavy Airlift Wing, Papa AB
- C-17 87-0025, first prototype (Euro 1 camouflage scheme)
Accurate stencilling and national insignia to build any one of the options is included. All of the sheets in this set were professionally screen printed by Cartograf in Italy.